Check out My Twitter

Monday 21 January 2013

Now What? -TBL project


Now What?

Now that I’ve made my list I question, well now what? Now it is time to begin to complete this list. Number fourteen on my list is to get a tattoo. Well, in May of this year, I’ll get my chance! My family is a strange bunch, about 5 years ago, my grandma got a butterfly tattoo on her shoulder and has wanted to go back to get a second tattoo ever since. When I told my grandma that when I was old enough, I would get a tattoo as well, she decided that she was going to wait so that she could go with me. Now I also have another companion joining us. My mother was going to get a tattoo for her 40th birthday, but couldn’t decide what to get and chickened out, this was almost three years ago. Because of this fact, we are now making this a family event and my mother, grandmother and I are all going to get tattoos for my birthday! (Well also for my mother’s birthday because it is two days before mine) Getting a tattoo isn’t as easy as some people may think, whatever you decide to get will be on your skin forever unless you decide to spend the money to get it removed later on in life. It’s taken me years to decide. One piece of my childhood that I’ve yet to give up is Walt Disney movies. They’ve always took me away from reality and made me believe that even when things get bumpy, they will find a way of working themselves out in the end. Things will work out the way they are meant to be. Disney movies make you believe in yourself, in love, in your dreams and in everything good. Therefor because of this, I’ve decided to get one that represented Disney as a whole. Now that may sound easy but it really isn’t. There are TONS of Walt Disney movies and they all have such a great message. Finally, I came across a movie called The Robinsons. Now I didn’t think I would like it, it isn’t necessarily a classic but after I finally finished watching it, I loved it. This little boy, when he had lost all his belief, conquered the odds and saved his family, his future and more. His motto was “Keep Moving Forward”. At the end of the movie, it ended with words on a black background. It read:

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney


This was a quote from Walt Disney himself. Every Disney movie, every lesson learnt, I owe to that man, so why not dedicate my tattoo to him. My tattoo will be the Disney castle, with the words “Keep Moving Forward” underneath. It will most likely be on my back. It will remind me that through all the hard times, we just need to keep moving forward.

Everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment