Check out My Twitter

Monday 24 September 2012

Reading Response #3

Reading Response #3
 
Dead until Dark

Charlaine Harris

Pgs. #62-198

Reading this book, I continue to be overrun with questions bursting through my head. In this book, someone is killing people in Bon Temps. My biggest question through this reading was who is it? Who tried to poison the vampires with Sino-Aids? Who killed Dawn? Who killed Gran but intended to kill Sookie? All these questions have yet to be answered but I’m sure all of them will have the same response. Many of the town’s people believe that it was the vampires from Munroe but I highly doubt that it was. They we’re burned because the town wanted security, but they will soon find out that it accomplished nothing in the grand scheme of things. I’m very confused as to why Sookie is now being targeted. Dawn and Maudette we’re connected to vampires because they enjoyed them as lovers, but Sookie wasn’t into one until recently. I’m sure she will continue to be targeted, but why? I’m hoping to have the answer soon.

I had many predictions throughout my reading. I knew that Dawn was going to be hurt in some way because Sookie just seemed to walk into every bad situation throughout this book. She seems to always be connected to the victims or be around them when they die. Another one is that Sam is not human. He continues to prove this fact by being able to block his mind from Sookie and know when she’s there. That’s automatically a signal that he’s not human. It has yet to be proven. It also seems as if the person or creature who is murdering people has a grudge against vampires. It seems they could be trying to frame the vampires so they will get blames. I also think that her brother, Jason, will become psychotic. He would go against his sister. It has been proven when he hit her over who owned their grandmother’s house after Gran was murdered.  I knew that Sookie was going to want a break with Bill after he murdered her Uncle. Even if he hated him for molesting her as a child, it pointed out that Bill wasn’t human. She would have to think about whether she would be willing to be with a vampire when she would age and he would not. My last prediction is Eric is going to try and take Sookie from Bill. He is an older vampire so he does have a sort of seniority over Bill. He will use it to his advantage. Sookie will stay with Eric because he will threaten Bill.

I didn’t have many comments. Just about the people of the little town and how they all work together. When you’re in that small of a town, you get very connected with the people around you. Nothing is secret. So when one person was angry with the vampires, everyone became angry because it passed along through every person and the anger grew until they went and burnt down the vampire Munroe house. It was amazing in a way that they could accomplish that.

I made a text to text connection again through the same Night Huntress series. In that series, when you are a vampire, you have a certain power level. As you get older, that power level grows. A vampire can sense that power level and will respect the older ones. Same as in this series, because Eric was older, Bill respected him and also feared him. It’s a common trait in many vampire series.  A text to self connection I made was when Sookie’s grandma was murdered. She didn’t want to do anything or go anywhere and she didn’t for three days. When my great grandma died, I had the same sentiments. I didn’t want to go anywhere. The grief did pass, but it did take a couple days at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment