Check out My Twitter

Monday 22 October 2012

Weekly Reflection #6


Weekly Reflection #6

1.      After high school things are going to be new and exciting, but also completely terrifying. A way that my blog could help me pursue my goals would be to post any of my writing up on my blog. One of my goals is to be a writer or a journalist so any sort of practice with my writing would be a phenomenal help to what I would like to accomplish. Another dream of mine is be a social worker, to help anyone in need. So any volunteer work I do, I should put up on my blog to help show that I love to help. Compassion is a strong attribute that everyone should have. Some see it as a weakness but I see it as something that will never fail to help you in the future. Maybe if you show compassion to others, others will show compassion when it is needed for you. My goal is to either go to the U of W or U of M; I haven’t for sure decided which I would like to attend yet. Maybe added some academic achievements would also be helpful, just to keep everything on track.

2.  Comment #1


I posted a comment on Jasmine’s blog because she has done some truly fantastic writing. She never fails to bring me into her short stories. Though because they are short, I do tend to have some questions here and there, but I truly did love her wedding vows. It did make me wonder why a man that had two disastrous marriages would trust so easily again. I'm sure if the story would have been longer, maybe we would have gotten more details on how the two got to where they are. This story truly had me greedy for more. It shows that it's never too late for love. I’m a true romantic and a true believer in this.

Comment #2


I posted a comment on Christie’s blog because I was so glad that she had found some peace of mind. It made me truly think of my own mistakes and how hard it was at that time to let them go and move on with my own life. Sometimes it can be difficult to do so, but you will never have a future if you are stuck in your past. Mistakes define who you are and help you grow as a person. Without them you wouldn't be the same.  Life is too precious to waste and you only have one, so why waste it?

Comment #3


I posted a comment on Tay’s blog because he never fails to truly get my brain working. He contemplates what truth really is, and I agree with his logic that truth is always changing because of our emotions. Truth is always a big discussion among people. He also got me thinking on the concept of love. It is the most powerful thing for humans, and people are desperate to have it. It brought about questions on why someone would settle for someone just because they believe they will never find better. Fear is always a factor that can change things, even love. Human beings are afraid of risk and love involves a lot of vulnerability and risk.


3.      The commenting process is never a hard thing for me to accomplish. I left comments on blogs that moved me emotionally or truly got my brain working. I commented on a short story of love because my love for romance began to shine through and I couldn’t resist. Reading those sorts of things always get my emotions running high. I also commented on a post about moving on and letting go of mistakes because it got me thinking of my own mistakes and how much better I felt after I let go of them. Our past defines our future, without those mistakes I wouldn't be the same person. I commented on one of someones biggest life questions because there was so much to say on the matter and I had my own questions that needed to be answered. This person truly believed in what he was saying and it was good to ask questions on the matter. A good comment is a comment that leaves someone thinking, is very constructive and creative. If the owner of that post doesn’t feel the need to comment back, then you didn’t leave a big enough impact on their post.You need to be inciteful and have the owner wanting to answer your questions and discuss the post with you. A bad comment would be saying that this was a terrible post or just completely agreeing with what the person is saying. They believe they’re right, they don’t need to hear it again. You need to be constructive about your critism or creative about what you write to them. Ask them questions and get them to reconsider or reassure you. You benefit from commenting on peoples blogs because the posts show what others are thinking and it gets you thinking. It can broaden your horizon. It also helps when people comment on your blog posts because you get feed back that helps your blog become better and they can really get you thinking. Both can start discussions and social interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment