Check out My Twitter

Monday 1 October 2012

Reading Reflection #4


Reading Response #4

Dead Until Dark

Charlaine Harris

Pgs. #198-264

 

Throughout Friday’s reading, I didn’t have many questions, but I did have important ones. Bill leaves to go to New Orleans because he is planning something that will apparently help Sookie and Bill no longer have problems. One question I had was what was Bill doing with a girl, but the question was answered when he told Sookie that she was a gift from Eric. I think it was just to cause a rift between the two of them. Another one was Sam was a dog? I had predicted that he was a werewolf but I didn’t expect him to be a full-fledged shifter. My biggest question, what is Bill planning and why did he have to go to New Orleans to develop it? Is it going to involve other vampires? Is he trying to over throw Eric? I’m hoping that these questions will be answered soon and that Bill will return because without him in Bon Temps, bad things seem to just continue to pile up on Sookie. It’s depressing in a sort of way.

Predictions, I’m not very good at making them. But I did predict that Eric was going to attempt to take Sookie for his own gain. He did called upon her once already but she escaped with the promise that she would return at one point to help him again. Lucky for her. My next prediction was that the killer would make a move while Bill was in New Orleans. He has made a move, a new girl is dead. The police believe that it’s Sookies brother Jason, but I still continue to believe it is a set up and it’s someone else who has been mentioned, but only at the beginning of the story. I have yet to analyze this too far.

At the beginning, I didn’t admire Sookies character very much. But as the story has continued, her character has developed in a very inspiring way. When she was attacked by that vampire, she held it together so well. Many people couldn’t do that. Also the way she handled Eric and the way she escaped with Bill was amazing. I’m beginning to truly love this character. I also loved that Sam was a full-fledged shifter instead of just a werewolf or a dog. I find that so much more interesting than just a werewolf.

I had only one text to text connection. When Long shadow ended up being the thief of the money stolen from Eric, it reminded me of a couple of series I have read when yes, even though vampires are rich most of the time, they will continue to steal from each other. This happens in the Night Huntress Series, Breed Series, Carpathian Series, etc. It’s amazing how some of them are such greedy creatures.

2 comments:

  1. You comment "it reminded me of a couple of series I have read when yes, even though vampires are rich most of the time, they will continue to steal from each other. This happens in the Night Huntress Series, Breed Series, Carpathian Series, etc. It’s amazing how some of them are such greedy creatures" Do you see any other similarities/differences in the vampire lore of the books/movies/tv shows you've watched/read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you've probably notices, when reading books, the supernatural, especially vampires are my main focus. I can't seem to shake my obsession with these types of books. I've seen sooooo many similarities on how the vampires act. Some common facts I have picked up are; they are very dominant creatures, very rich creatures, they tend to have to remind themselves to be human, they do steal from each other sometimes just to prove a point or to take revenge, they are strong, fast, drink blood, etc. There are always little differences, like their supernatural abilities will differ; some can fly, some have extra abilities, some have more humanity than others, etc.

    ReplyDelete