Check out My Twitter

Monday 5 November 2012

Writing Reflection #8

Writing Reflection #8


This Newspaper black out poetry was actually one of my favorite assignments from this class. It was an interesting was of writing and the transformations we’re amazing. How these regular everyday articles we’re able to be transformed into whatever the writer wanted it to be was spectacular. Some challenges I had was connecting my whole poem together. I would be able to write the beginning and then the ending but then I would need to add something into the middle that connected it all together. That was a big challenge in some of my poems. Also, trying to get one started was difficult. I was never able to just go to the next article in the paper and write a poem from that. I would need inspiration from some of the very first words to make it work. My succeses we’re getting my beginnings and endings right off the hop. I always loved what I found for all three of my poems and they all tended to work out in the end. I never had to use a single letter from one word and then another letter from a different word. My words we’re generally whole. That was a success of mine.

What’s unique about this writing is that you can’t just add a word when you need it. You must find it in the articles words. It was frustrating at times when you had a perfect sentence in your head and then had to change it because it wasn’t in the article. It’s also very creative because to be able to take an article, read it and make it something completely your own is amazing. That was a factor I loved.

I learned that as a writer, you can create something that’s your own practically out of anything. Writing comes in all shapes and forms. I also learned that I’m a lot more creative than I thought was but I love new challenges. I wonder what would happen if you tried doing this blackout poetry in a book or even tried to make another novel out of a novel. That would be something interesting to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment