Check out My Twitter

Monday 19 November 2012

Writing Reflection #9 -Twitter Fiction


Twitter Fiction

My twitter fiction of course won’t be done until I actually post them. Even as I’m typing them on the computer I’m editing them so they are below 140 characters, or extending them so they can be put onto more than one tweet. I’ve written for sure over 30 tweets but I’m not entirely sure if I will use them all. I’ve written about 36 as of late. I chose to write some VSS but also some in between. Some of my stories are 7 tweets long while others are one, two or three. They change dramatically when I type them on the computer because I have to edit them to 140 characters. When you’re writing them down on paper, you aren’t counting as you go so it makes it a bit more difficult for you to get the exact affect you want your story to have. It takes time. I chose to use both because I wanted to be able to show more than one type of story. It gave me the freedom to be able to make them however long as I wanted them to be. Sometimes the stories just wrote themselves. Some things I still have to add into my stories are more tweets for dialogue and double check to make sure I have every type of imagery even though I’m sure I have them all. I love the challenge of having to have all these different elements in these little stories. It makes them trickier to write but also more fun. I’ve thought of some images for specific stories but not for others. They may change as I edit them or I may add different images than I thought I was going to put in in the first place. You’ll have to wait to find out exactly what I have planned. My stories have come out a lot better than I thought they we’re going to be originally. My imagery has been working well and I’ve been surprisingly good at sneaking it in here and there. My character development has also worked to my advantage in one of my stories. These we’re aspects that I originally thought we’re going to be the most difficult. The aspect that needs the most work is making them 140. I’ve always been one to write too much, so shortening my stories has for sure been a challenge, but it has been a fun one. I’m still wondering how we are going to end up putting them up and in what fashion but I’m sure it will be an interesting experience. Creative writing has never failed me when it comes to being interesting. This has been a learning experience for me and I’m truly enjoying it.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment